Economic sustainability goal
- Our suppliers are an important component of our sustainability strategy. We focus on long-term partnerships and regional commitment. In our selection and evaluation of suppliers, we now take into account compliance with sustainability factors, such as compliance with international guidelines and standards relating to employee rights and the environment.
- Minimising waste of pet food is part of the sustainability strategy. To avoid wasting high-quality products, such as products with too short best-before dates, we make use of our own online shop and donate to local organisations such as animal shelters. For 2021, we are aiming to destroy 0 percent of these products.
Social sustainability goal
- We promote the skills of our managers with training programmes. In 2021, we plan to further qualify 100 percent of our executives. For this purpose, we have established a personnel development programme which includes employee-specific training concepts. In addition, we have set up an e-learning tool to ensure regular trainings for all employees.
- Our employees get actively involved and are encouraged to submit suggestions for improvements or product ideas and to support us in their implementation.
- The occupational safety of our employees has the highest priority for us. As part of our occupational safety measures, we were able to completely avoid occupational accidents in 2020. The goal for 2021 is therefore to continue to keep occupational accidents at 0.
Ecological sustainability goal
- We reduce packaging materials wherever possible. In the absence of any currently available alternatives, we focus on reducing the proven packaging materials. Product safety is always our top priority.
- Increasing the use of recyclable packaging is part of our sustainability strategy. We monitor our recycling rate and take recyclability into account when launching new products and reviewing the current product range. For 2021, we plan to improve the recycling rate of our packaging by 4 percent.
- We support biodiversity by placing beehives on company buildings and in the home environments of our employees.
Sponsorship of a wildflower meadow
Under the motto “a wildflower meadow instead of corn”, the Kemnade family from Bad Laer founded the wildflower meadow project in 2021. A wildflower meadow particularly promotes biodiversity in the agricultural environment and serves as a source of food for bees and other pollinators.
By becoming a sponsor of a wildflower meadow in Bad Laer in 2022, animonda is making an important contribution to biodiversity. We are delighted to be able to support this project.
Aufforstungsaktion im Teutoburger Wald
Unter dem Motto „Wir möchten nicht nur über Nachhaltigkeit sprechen, sondern auch aktiv werden“ hat das animonda Team im November eine Aufforstungsaktion im Teutoburger Wald umgesetzt.
Insgesamt konnten 1.300 Bäume gepflanzt werden. Eine tolle Gemeinschaftsaktion.